Friday, May 8, 2009

Pine Valley Market



Not exactly a restaurant, but Pine Valley Market deserves special mention. It is located at 3520 S. College in Wilmington, just north of 17th Street. Lynn and I have been there a few times, so I thought I would put it up here. 

This shop has been voted best gourmet market by Encore Magazine audiences in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. The store is a great collection of nice wines, a butcher shop, and gourmet foods. What I like is to stop in and get a frozen diner. Last night I picked up a three cheese lasagna. It was fantastic. Simply remove the cardboard top, put on some foil, and back it for about 60-90 minutes. For just around $10.00 it was enough to feed two. The meal always tastes fresh and healthy. I have also tried the egg plant Parmesan and eggplant rollitini. Both were fresh and wonderful. Unlike grocery store frozen foods, this tastes like homemade food. Very good. I find it an easy and cheap option to 'going out' while I stay home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment