Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fox and Hound

Last night a bunch of us went out to MayFaire Towncenter to take in the Music on the Town and grab a bite to eat.  We decided on the Fox and the Hound. The pub is located next to the movie theatre. The theme of the restaurant is a classic British pub. On that mark, it missed by a landslide. Having lived in London for two years, I can attest that this is no British pub. Sure, I am a pub-snob, so I will let that go....In short, it is pretty spacious, many tall tables, lots of big screen TVs, and a nice outdoor eating area. 

I had to order the classic fish and chips. At a pub, it is only natural! The fish is fried in a Newcastle Brown Ale beer-batter. It is served with fresh cut steak fries. The serving size was huge. I could only eat 2 of the 3 fish portions. We were in a group of about 12. The waitress was fantastic. She managed to get all the orders up at once and all brought out hot! Kudos to her. As fish and chips go, I would give this one a 7 out of 10. It is the best I had in town thus far, but not the best I have had in my life. The meal ran about $10.00. 

I am off to London in a few weeks. I am eager to see if my memory of pub-grub accurately reflects reality. Stay tuned!.

No comments:

Post a Comment