Friday, April 17, 2009

Casey's BBQ Buffet



This week, we have a visitor in from Minnesota. We thought we should treat her to some southern food. A joint we have visited many times is Casey's BBQ Buffet. Now normally I am not much of a buffet style eating guy. The first time we went here was by mistake. Coming from the North, I thought BBQ would be lip-smacking ribs. So when we walked into this place, we were a little taken aback. However, once we tasted the food, we understood why folks call this comfort food.

The BBQ is vinegar based. It is a pulled pork that is cooked so well that it almost melts in your mouth. I love it! They have all the southern favorites too including mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, turnip greens, rice and gravy, hush puppies, chitlins, fried chicken, baked chicken, and loads of deserts. Their banana pudding is just yummy.

The only drawback with going here is the pain I feel walking out. I simply cannot stop myself from returning to get more goodies. I guess things could be worse....

There are a few other BBQ joints in town that we will eventually try out. For now, my southern food fix gets met at Casey's!

Lynn says.......
When are we going back? I LOVE this place. Jayson swears every time that he is going to limit himself and eat less. But I truly believe once he gets in the door he just can't stop himself. All willpower is left at the door. I never expected to enjoy this restaurant as much as I do. It is one of only a few places that I crave and anticipate going back to.

The tables are all covered in plastic picnic tablecloths, clean and simple. Even when there appears to be a long line that you will never get through it moves very quickly. All of the servers and staff are so nice and helpful my ice tea is never empty. Sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, hush puppies, coleslaw, pulled pork, fried chicken, fish, fried mussels, the food never ends and hits the spot every time we go in.

Jayson and I have taken most of our out of town guests to Casey's to give them a taste of the local cuisine and every person has left with a full belly and a smile on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment